There are a lot of different speaker systems on the market these days. Some of them come with built-in support for Amazon’s Alexa voice assistant, while others require a separate device like an Echo or Dot in order to use Alexa. So, which speakers can you connect to Alexa?
Here’s a look at some of the most popular options.
Alexa is a voice controlled assistant that is becoming increasingly popular. She can be found in the Amazon Echo and Echo Dot devices. Alexa can perform a range of tasks such as playing music, answering questions, controlling smart home devices, and much more.
In order to use Alexa, you must connect her to a speaker. Here are some of the best speakers that you can connect to Alexa: 1. Sonos Play:1 – This speaker delivers great sound quality and is very easy to set up with Alexa.
2. Bose SoundLink Mini II – This speaker is compact and portable, making it great for taking with you on the go. It also delivers excellent sound quality. 3. UE Boom 2 – This Bluetooth speaker is waterproof and offers 360-degree sound for an immersive listening experience.
4. JBL Link 10 – This portable speaker has Google Assistant built-in, so you can control it with your voice just like you would with Alexa.
Connect ANY Bluetooth Speaker to Amazon Alexa (Echo Dot)
Can Any Speaker Connect to Alexa?
If you have an Echo, Tap, Dot, Spot, Show or Fire TV device, you can connect any Bluetooth speaker and use it as your Alexa-enabled speaker. This is a great way to improve the sound quality of your device, or to have a portable speaker that you can take with you around the house. Here’s how to connect a Bluetooth speaker to your Alexa device:
1. Put your Bluetooth speaker in discoverable mode. Consult your speaker’s manual for instructions on how to do this. 2. Open the Alexa app on your mobile device and go to Settings > Devices.
3. Select the name of your Echo device from the list. 4. Scroll down and select Add External Speakers under Speaker Settings > Connected Devices. 5. Select the name of your Bluetooth speaker from the list of available devices.
Can You Use External Speakers With Alexa?
Yes, you can use external speakers with Alexa. You can connect external speakers to any Amazon Echo device or other compatible device that has a 3.5mm audio output jack or Bluetooth connectivity. To connect your speaker to an Amazon Echo device:
1. Plug the speaker into an AC outlet or power strip. 2. Connect the speaker to your Amazon Echo device using a 3.5mm audio cable or Bluetooth. If you’re using a 3rd generation Amazon Echo Dot, you can also use the built-in stereo system by connecting it to another speaker wirelessly over Bluetooth or with a 3.5mm audio cable.
Here’s how: 1) On the bottom of your Dot, twist and pull off the base to reveal the ports inside. 2) Plug one end of a 3.5 mmaudio cable into the AUX port on your Dot, then plug the other end into the AUX IN port on your powered speaker (for example, a bookshelf speaker).
3) Or, if you want to go wireless, press and hold the pairing button on your bluetooth enabled speaker until it enters pairing mode (usually there’s an indicator light that will turn solid blue when in pairing mode), then open the Alexa app on your phone and go to Settings > Devices > Add Device > [Your Speaker Name].
Best Alexa Speaker for Music
When it comes to choosing the best Alexa speaker for music, there are a few things you need to take into account. First, consider what type of music you listen to and whether you want a speaker that can produce high-quality sound. If you’re an audiophile who loves listening to classical music or other complex genres, you’ll want a speaker with great sound quality.
However, if you typically listen to pop music or other simpler genres, you may not need the same level of sound quality and may be able to get away with a less expensive option. Another thing to consider is how you’ll be using your Alexa speaker. If you plan on using it primarily for playing music, then look for one that has good battery life so you don’t have to keep it plugged in all the time.
You should also make sure the speaker has Bluetooth so you can easily connect it to your phone or other devices. Finally, think about any additional features that might be useful such as a built-in microphone for making hands-free calls or an aux input for connecting non-Bluetooth devices. Once you’ve considered all of these factors, take a look at our top picks for the best Alexa speakers for music below.
If you want to be able to control your music using just your voice, then you’re going to need a speaker that’s compatible with Alexa. Amazon’s Echo and Dot devices are some of the most popular options on the market, but there are plenty of other companies making Alexa-compatible speakers. In this blog post, we round up some of the best options out there so you can find the perfect speaker for your needs.